What is the Glebelands Trust
The Glebelands Trust is a registered charity that was established to encourage parents to make a monetary donation to the school. This money is used to provide extras for the children’s education that the school budget cannot afford and is shown to provide added value to their educational needs both within the classroom and for extra curricular activities. Parents can contribute either by a one off lump sum or by a monthly standing order. As a charitable trust we are able to reclaim tax on your contributions which is put back into the Trust’s fund. The aim of the Trustees is to use the money as soon as it is available, so the money received is immediately put to use for your children’s benefit. The Trust is now the main focus for the schools parental fundraising.
Why is the Trust necessary
Glebelands manages its budget well year on year, but funds are limited and there is never enough money in the budget to allow the staff to do all the exciting things or provide all the equipment that would make a difference. The Trust is able to provide the ‘luxury’ items that each department can use to make that difference and works closely with staff. All purchases are in accordance with the School Improvement Plan which has been approved by the Governors.
How has the Trust made a difference
Over the years the Trust has supported every department in providing equipment for all aspects of the curriculum and has helped to enhance the school environment by providing plasma screens, display boards and picnic benches etc. It also contributes to the cost of the annual Celebration Evening.
Recent purchases include:
- KS3 Fiction books for Learning Resource Centre
- Colour Laser Printer for Graphics
- GCSE Revision Cards for Mathematics
- Record of Achievement Folders and DVD Players for Learning for Life
- Embroidery Hoops and sewing machines for Textiles
- Video Camera for Geography
- Smoke effects machine for Drama
- School piano
- Fitness testing equipment for PE
- Subscriptions to MFL interactive websites
- Mini ripple tanks for Science.
Who are the Trustees
The worker Trustees are the Headteacher, parents and friends of the school. They meet once a term to discuss ways to distribute the funds and they attend parents’ evenings to publicise the Trust and raise funds.
If you would like more information about the Trust or would like to become more involved as a committee member then please contact The Trust Secretary, Angela Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Russell Mitchell - Chair
Angela Dawson - Secretary
Julie Dudley - Treasurer
Fran Crawley - Trustee
How you can help
- You can make a donation at any time by cheque or cash, or by setting up a regular standing order from your bank account.
- All donations are gratefully received. Many parents set up a standing order for as little as £2 per month, some contribute more. Some parents have opted to set up a standing order on a quarterly or annual basis.
- If you would like to make a donation please contact us by using the email: email@example.com
Forthcoming Meeting Dates
- 23 November 2017
- 8 March 2018
- 20 June 2018 - AGM