What is the Glebelands Trust
The Glebelands Trust is a registered charity that was established to encourage parents to make a monetary donation to the school. This money is used to provide extras for the children’s education that the school budget cannot afford and is shown to provide added value to their educational needs both within the classroom and for extracurricular activities. Parents can contribute either by a one-off lump sum or by a monthly standing order. As a charity we are able to reclaim tax on your contributions which is put back into the Trust’s fund. The aim of the Trustees is to use the money as soon as it is available, so the money received is immediately put to use for your children’s benefit. The Trust is the main focus for the schools parental fundraising.
Why is the Trust necessary
Glebelands manages its budget well year on year, but funds are limited and there is never enough money in the budget to allow the staff to do all the exciting things or provide all the equipment that would make a difference. The Trust is able to provide the luxury items that each department can use to make that difference and works closely with staff. All purchases are in accordance with the School Improvement Plan which has been approved by the Governors.
How has the Trust made a difference
Over the years the Trust has supported every department in providing equipment for all aspects of the curriculum and has helped to enhance the school environment by providing plasma screens, display boards and picnic benches etc. It also contributes to the cost of the annual Celebration Evening.
Recent purchases include:
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Cutting mats for Art
- Goal posts
- Sentence builder resources for MFL
- Wireless dynamic system for Science
Who are the Trustees
The worker Trustees are the Headteacher, parents and friends of the school. They meet once a term to discuss ways to distribute the funds and they attend parents evenings to publicise the Trust and raise funds.
If you would like more information about the Trust or would like to become more involved as a committee member then please contact The Trust Secretary, Angela Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Russell Mitchell - Chair
Angela Dawson - Secretary
Julie Dudley - Treasurer
Melissa Rogers - Trustee
Diane Savage - Trustee
How you can help
- You can make a donation by setting up a regular standing order from your bank account or make a one-off direct payment via online banking. Many parents set up a standing order for as little as £2 per month, some contribute more, whilst others have opted to set up a standing order on a quarterly or annual basis.
Our account details are:
Natwest Bank PLC
Business account name: Glebelands School (Cranleigh) Educational Trust
Sort Code: 52-41-56, Account Number: 48271462
- If you do not have access to online banking and would like to set up a standing order, please complete the mandate below and return direct to your bank.
- All donations are gratefully received. If you are able to Gift Aid your donation, meaning the Trust can boost your contribution by a further 25%, please complete the form attached below and return to the school office.
- For any queries, please contact us by using the email email@example.com
Forthcoming Meeting Dates
- 17th November 2021
- 16th March 2022
- 22nd June 2022 (AGM)